Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pre Studio 1

My Creative Work

These are some illustrations that I produced for a children’s cookbook as part of my Design and Technology major work. I really enjoyed generating the characters and the process of illustrating each recipe from thumbnail sketches, to line drawings, to coloring in the final product.

A Great Building

I took this photo of the Royal Ontario Museum (aka ROM) on a recent trip to Toronto, Canada. As soon as I approached this building I fell in love with it. Aesthetically the combination of the old and the new as well as the dramatic angles drew my attention. It is evident that through this renovation Daniel Libeskind has been able to give this older style museum a new grounding in its urban surroundings, creating a real architectural feature.

A Beautiful Picture

This is a photo by Clare Carlton, a friend of mine. I think that the natural colors and the contrast that she has captured make this a beautiful picture. I love how she has perfectly framed the photo to show how delicately the due sits on the petals.


Three Inspiring Artworks

Richard Goodwin

Status, manipulated, dynamic

Ricky Swallow

Childhood, frustrating, palpable

Patricia Puccinini

Ocean, hanging, bright

No comments:

Post a Comment