Monday, June 14, 2010

Development of Bridge Ideas


Above are a selection of images sourced as inspiration (largely from archdaily), brainstorming and early sketches that I used and produced during the development stage of my design. I was intent on doing a mainly curved structure to challenge my sketchup ability and change rectilinear aesthetic I have maintained to date. Initially I planned on the bridge sitting atop the valley. However, as the design developed I decided to position the bridge within the valley. I then decided on the suspension cabels, the jelly shape and the office interiors. At first I was really keen on a very curved barbie aesthetic. However, as the design progressed I began to take a more natural approach to the textures. This was largely inspired by an ad in 'InDesign' magazine, which featured a product called 'Eveneer' (see below).



No comments:

Post a Comment