Monday, June 14, 2010

Final Textures



Initially I intended to use incredibly bright colours, a mixture of hot pink, red and orange for Kerr's kidney bean and a scheme of green, aqua and bright blue for Merkel (pictures where lost on my hardrive). However, as discussed previously I found a product that was advertised in InDesign very inspirational. It then drew me to a design for a hotel in Canada that I had previously admired. I think the combination of the strict shapes and the refined natural materials within this design create a very interesting aesthetic.


In my design I decided to use a combination of three varnishes on the exterior, bronze on the bridge and two of my own textures for the interior. I altered my own materials to suite the minimalist approach that I was trying to convey. I also photoshoped a photograph of Miranda Kerr to create a modernist piece of furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment