Monday, June 14, 2010

Textures


I found the concept of capturing movement in a 2D form really interesting, it was also interesting the range of different techniques you could use to capture the essence of the same movement. I purposefully chose some really feminine words so that they would reflect well into my design.

Of the linear, my favourite are the fourth and fifth. In particular the lines of the fifth seem really strong and emotive.

My favourites within shudder are the first and the last. I really appreciate the simplicity of the last as it is still quite visually dynamic.

I found rotational to be the most inspiring word, yet it proposed a challenge to come up with something original. I really like my third and fifth texture. I love the subtle evolution within them.

I really like the last of the evaporate textures. I like the attempt I made at giving it a third dimension through hatching.

I love the word prance, it is so cute and feminine. I tried to capture that within these textures. I think the best are the second and the last. I really like the multiple textures within the second and how that balances with the white space.

No comments:

Post a Comment