Saturday, April 10, 2010

texture... TeXtUrE... TEXTURE!!


Above, is the list of 36 textures that my group and I developed.

Of these six textures, my favourite is the initial portrayal of recycled. I was trying to express the re-use of rubbish, such as recycled cans to create a material by setting it within a liquid plastic. Also, note the key on the left page used throughout to identify whether a texture is meant for above ground, below ground or in between.

Of these nine, I really like wavey and cellular. The wavey texture is inspired by the Sydney Opera House and I think I could put it to use in my tree house as an abstract texture for the foliage. I also appreciate the strength of the cellular texture which I think could make a very interesting feature within a design.

Of these ten, I love the geometric and relaxing textures. I can imagine the geometric texture as a three dimensional wall covering, which again would create a great feature in a modern design. I like the relaxing texture for it's intricacy and delicacy despite the structure of the lines.

Of these eleven, may favourite is the feathery texture. Inspired by cartoon owl feathers, it is really cute and whimsical.

No comments:

Post a Comment