Sunday, April 11, 2010

i stretched well beyond me sketchup ability and came up with...the lemon model

I developed my second model based on my section drawing of childhood and dynamic (see previous post). However, I found that I wasn't in love with it. My first problem was that it was too literal. Identifying one problem opened the flood gate. Some other problems that I identified were:
  • I was unable to transpose the idea that I captured in my section of the floating tree into my sketchup model.
  • I found the gallery space below the ground to feel restrictive and too linear.
  • The flow between the three spaces that was conveyed in my section drawing did not work in the 3D model.
Ultimately, I decided that I could not develop this model any further and that I would look at redeveloping my first model, frustrating and dynamic.

Below is a series of images, demonstrating the development process for model 2.

This is an image on the dynamic staircase, which is probably the most successful element of the design.

This image details that process I went though in determining which textures I would apply to the floundering model.

This is the ultra-mod glass tree house, which was a little to literal for my taste.

This image encapsulates how cramped the rather large gallery space felt.

This is the incredibly not functional studio space for unlucky Richard Goodwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment